Summarising the basic features of Sahaja Yoga meditation, it is:
1. Relatively simple to learn and practice.
2. Appears to have a specific, positive effect on health.
3. Can be made available on a low-cost/zero-cost model.
4. Can be taught via mass media vehicles such as radio, television, Internet.
5. Evidence to date suggests a low side effect profile.
These features make mental silence orientated techniques such as SYM ideally suited as strategies to promote and preserve health as well as prevent disease and mental disorders.
For discussion on the future directions of research for Sahaja Yoga meditation, check Dr Ramesh Manocha’s blog.